Last Updated:
Venezuela VS US: Relations between America and Venezuela have reached a very dangerous point. Trump called Maduro directly and warned that if he did not leave power, US military action could begin. Soon after, the US effectively declared Venezuelan airspace ‘closed’ and deployed aircraft carriers to the Caribbean. Venezuela has strongly protested, calling it ‘colonial intimidation’.
The tension between America and Venezuela now seems to be turning into a direct conflict. US President Donald Trump has given a clear warning to Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro through both public and private channels: either leave power peacefully this Christmas, or be prepared for US military action. This warning was given during a secret hotline call on November 22, the details of which have now been revealed by the Wall Street Journal. According to the report, Trump told Maduro that he had ‘both an easy and a difficult path’. They have no option but to choose one of these. Options also include safe escape to the capital of another country. But the matter did not stop here.
Venezuelan airspace closed
After this, Trump said in a very strong public statement that the airspace over and around Venezuela should be considered ‘completely closed’. Legally, they cannot close the airspace of any other country, yet this warning addressed to the airlines shocked the entire aviation industry. If we look at live flight data, almost no aircraft are visible over Venezuela. Venezuela described this statement as ‘colonial intimidation’ and ‘illegal aggression’.
What power did America show to Venezuela?
The FAA had already issued a threat alert to flights over Venezuela. But Trump’s statement has come when America is continuously attacking drug boats in the Caribbean. In the past months, America has carried out more than 20 attacks on alleged drug boats in the Caribbean and Pacific, in which more than 80 people were killed. America did not provide any concrete evidence, which raised questions about the intention of these operations. Now America has deployed the world’s largest warship USS Gerald R. Ford in the Caribbean. A clear indication that the situation could reach the ground at any time. Trump has already indicated that starting a ‘ground operation’ in Venezuela is ‘not too far off’.
What did Venezuela say in response?
Venezuela’s Foreign Ministry said that America is trying to change the regime by using drugs as an excuse. Maduro is already under the shadow of allegations of rigging in the 2024 elections, but he rejected Trump’s warning and accused the US of playing an ‘interventionist game’. The situation became more dangerous when the Trump administration declared the entire Venezuelan regime a ‘terrorist entity’. This step gives US agencies the broadest powers for military and legal action.
America’s last ultimatum
America’s message is very clear. Maduro will have to leave power by the end of December. They have been offered a safe exit to Cuba, Russia or any friendly country. Also access to limited foreign assets. If he refused, the US would ‘launch a regime change operation’ within weeks. Maduro has currently rejected this offer.
What are the conditions on the ground?
- Venezuela’s fuel stock has reached 18%.
- Airspace is almost at a standstill.
- There is talk of defection among mid-rank officers of the army.
- American Special Ops aircraft are now stationed in Aruba near Venezuela.
- Fear and uncertainty are increasing in the society.





























