A man has been arrested at Manchester Airport on suspicion of terrorist offenses following the attack on the city’s synagogue earlier this year, police said.
Adrian Daulby and Melvin Cravitz were killed in the attack on the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue on October 2, and three other men were treated in hospital for serious injuries.
A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism after arriving early on a return flight, Greater Manchester Police said.
This arrest brings the total number of people arrested in connection with the attack to seven.
Five of them have been released without charge, but a 30-year-old man arrested on October 9 on suspicion of failing to disclose information under the Counter-Terrorism Act remains free on bail.
The opening of the inquest last month heard that Jihad Al-Shamie ran his car into a security guard outside the synagogue as people gathered for Yom Kippur, before getting out and attacking Cravitz with a knife.
Parishioners inside the building, including Mr Daulby, managed to close the doors and held them closed as Al-Shamie tried to make his way inside.
Manchester Coroner’s Court heard armed officers opened fire on Al-Shamie, but a stray bullet penetrated the synagogue door and fatally struck Mr Daulby in the chest.





























