After all, what are those provisions which are opposed by businessmen… CAT Secretary General Pravin Khandelwal has tried to explain them.
On showing the liability in GSTR-1 and not taking it in GSTR-3B, the department can recover the difference amount without giving notice and it can be recovered by attaching a bank account or direct from any debtor.
– If you do not file GSTR-3B in two months, you cannot file GSTR-1. If this is not done then input credit is not given.If you do not file GSTR 3B for two months, you cannot generate e-way bill.
In case of failure to file the return for any reason, the department can give notice within section 73 and you will not get credit for the credit lying in the electronic credit ledger, but will have to pay interest on the entire amount due.
If the difference is found in GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B, the department can suspend the GST registration number without notice or hearing. Similarly, the number can be suspended if more differences are found in GSTR-3B and GSTR-2.
The validity of the e-way bill has been increased to 200 km per day.
– In case of any mistake in the e-way bill, 200 percent penalty will be applied for the amount of the tax and this amount will have to be paid from the electronic cash ledger. If this amount is not filled, the merchant’s merchandise will be confiscated. To appeal against this, 25% penalty has to be filled. The goods will remain confiscated if the decision is not taken on appeal.
E-invoice has been mandated for those with turnover above 100 crore. If you do not issue an invoice, you will not get credit.
Generating an e-way bill within 72 hours of issuing an invoice if it falls under the category of e-invoicing. Otherwise, the invoice will have to be canceled and another invoice made.
– Bank account will be seized if wrong input credit is taken wrongly.
-The portal will be locked for you if you take more wrong input credit.
– Officers may conduct any survey or audit at their own discretion.
-Classification of the same product is being done differently in different states under advance ruling. The Advance Ruling Authority has not been formed for this. This upset businessmen.
The Appellate Tribunal has not been constituted despite 950 amendments to the GST. Because of this, the businessman has to go to the High Court for every small case.
– If the return is filled, then late fee will be imposed on the return of the course.
– Late fees are charged more than tax.
Interest continues till the GSTR-3B is not filled. Even if there is balance in credit and cash ledgers.