Last Updated:
At the direction of President Trump, USCIS is conducting a rigorous re-examination of all green cards from 19 “countries of concern” and DHS is reviewing all unapproved cases approved by the Biden Administration. This step has been taken amid security concerns after the firing on the National Guard near the White House. FBI is also active on the terrorism angle in the investigation.
After the attack on the National Guard in Washington DC, America has now taken a big step. President Donald Trump has announced that the green cards of all people coming from 19 countries will be thoroughly re-examined. This order comes directly after security concerns that have increased since the shooting that took place just steps away from the White House. Joe Edlow, director of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), said that at the direction of the President, this investigation will be ‘completely rigorous and full-scale’. This decision has been taken after an Afghan civilian attacked two National Guard members on Thursday, in which one has died and the other is still in critical condition.
People from which 19 countries will be investigated?
The question is whether this decision will affect the people of India too, then the answer is no. According to CNN, the 19 countries which have been kept in the list of ‘Countries of Concern’ were identified by the Trump administration in June itself. These countries include Afghanistan, Burma, Chad, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Burundi, Cuba, Laos, Sierra Leone, Togo, Turkmenistan and Venezuela.
What became difficult for Afghans?
The Department of Homeland Security has also said that all asylum cases approved during the Biden administration are being reviewed. DHS said that processing of immigration requests from Afghan citizens has been temporarily halted until a review of security and vetting protocols is completed. The administration has taken this step citing ‘backlog and possible wrong weighting’. The FBI is now handling the investigation into the attack. FBI Director Kash Patel said the attack was being investigated as a “terrorist incident” and search warrants had been issued in several states. He described it as ‘coast-to-coast investigation’.





























