It became difficult for the people on the aircraft carrier to stand on their feet. Even a 3.9 magnitude earthquake was felt on the USS Gerald R Ford. Its first shock trial was done last month on June 18. At that time, a tsunami-like atmosphere was created in the sea off the coast of Florida. Some videos of the second trial were shared on Wednesday.
India will get 2 Seahawk helicopters from US Navy, maritime security will be strengthened
#warship78 is back with round two of Full Ship Shock Trials! 💥
— USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) (@Warship_78) July 17, 2021
There are three trials in total
The USS Gerald R Ford is scheduled to undergo a total of three shock trials. During the trials, the US Navy wants to test the combat capability of this aircraft carrier. All three blasts are to take place under water. That too near the ship. After each blast, crew members will examine all of Ford’s major ship systems. During the investigation, they will ensure that there is no damage to the ship due to the blast.
The World Heritage Committee removed the Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City from the UNESCO World Heritage List
The second trial was to be held on July 1
Naval Marine Systems Command spokeswoman Catherine Binfeng told Defense News: “Ford’s second shock shot was to take place on July 1. But it was not possible due to technical reasons. On July 1, two US Navy engineers attempted to detonate twice, but a vital device aboard the aircraft carrier’s auxiliaries failed. After this the trial took place on 16 July. He told that during the shock trial, the carrier was completely on track within the stipulated time. (with agency input)
Read Hindi News online and watch Live TV on Hindi website. Know news related to country and abroad and your state, Bollywood, sports world, business.