India’s Foreign Ministry has now also added Passport Seva to the DigiLocker platform.
Passport Service News: Modi Government has made a big announcement about Passport Service. The central government has now made passports easier. The Ministry of External Affairs of India has now also added Passport Seva to Digital Locker platform.
- February 20, 2021, 11:41 AM IST
Passport service will also be connected with DigiLocker
Explain that Digital Locker is also known as DigiLocker. It is a kind of virtual locker in which you can digitally store your documents like educational certificates, driving license, birth certificate, passport, life insurance policy, health policy or policy documents including motor policy, PAN card, Voter ID. Can. It was launched in July 2015. In this, the user gets 1GB of dedicated space in which you can store your required documents safely. It is linked to the Aadhaar number.
DigiLocker was launched by PM Modi in July 2015.
Get rid of the hassle of physically moving a document
The biggest advantage of DigiLocker is that it relieves the hassle of moving the document physically anywhere. Through this you can share your documents with anyone electronically. To save a document in DigiLocker, first you have to scan those documents, you can click the photo of those documents and save it in DigiLocker. With this, you can write a short description about the document, which will benefit you.
How to create DigiLocker account
• Make sure that your phone number is registered with Aadhaar by visiting the digitallocker.gov.in website.
• Then click on Sign Up and enter your name, birth date, registered mobile number or email ID, password.
• After this, enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number. As soon as you enter the Aadhaar number, you will get 2 options.
• As soon as this process is complete, you will be asked to create a username and password.
Also read: Indian Railway decided to run 6 more special trains on these routes, see full list and timetable
Upload documents like this
• After logging in to DigiLocker, two sections will appear in your personal account.
• In the first section, certificates issued by different agencies, their URL (link), date of issue and option to share will be available.
• At the same time, in the second section there will be a certificate uploaded by you, their short description and the option of share and e-sign.
• Choose the appropriate option from the given options to upload the document.
• If you want to upload the certificate, then click on My Certificate. After this, click on the upload document and select your certificate.
• Then fill in the information requested. In this way, you can upload all your documents in digital locker.