Fill the ITR quickly
So far, 5.16 crore returns have been filed for the financial year 2019-20. The Income Tax Department has given information about this by tweeting. Right now you have only 3 days left, so you file your income tax return immediately.
Income tax department tweeted
The Income Tax Department has tweeted that till now over 5.16 crore income tax returns for AY 2020-21 have been filed till 06 January 2021. If you have not, please file your ITR AY 2020-21 today.
Hope you have filed your Income Tax Return by now! More than 5.16 crore Income Tax Returns for AY 2020-21 have already been filed till 06th of January, 2021.If you haven’t, please file your #ITR for AY 2020-21 TODAY! Visit https://t.co/EGL31K6szN for details.#ITR#AajHiFileKaro pic.twitter.com/KKqX28jOxZ
– Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) January 7, 2021
Also read: This bank has increased interest rates on savings account by 1 percent, you can also get the account open immediately, 7 percent will get interest
Have to pay late fees
Let me tell you, if you do not make income tax return on time, then the department is fined. Let us know that if tax payers file the return after January 10, then the taxpayer will have to pay late fees of Rs 10,000. Apart from this, such taxpayers, whose income is not more than 5 lakhs, have to pay only 1000 rupees as late fee.
Follow this process and fill it online
1. Go to e-filing portal of income tax and login with user ID (PAN number), password and captcha code.
2. Click on the ‘e-File’ menu and then click on the link of ‘Income Tax Return’.
3. The PAN itself will appear filled on the Income Tax Return page.
4. Now select ‘Original / Revised Return’ in Assessment Year, ITR Form Number, Filing Type. After this, click ‘Prepare & Submit Online’ in submission mode.
5. Then click on ‘Continue’. Now read the guidelines carefully and fill the form carefully after reading it.
6. After filling the form, select the appropriate verification option in the ‘Tax Paid and Verification tab’.
7. After this, click on the ‘Preview and Submit’ button.
8. If you have opted for ‘e-verification’, then you can complete e-verification through one of the EVCs or OTPs.
9. Once the verification process is complete, you can submit ITR.
Also read: Alert! RBI issued fraud alert with number like bank’s toll free, know about it ..
Have these documents ready in advance
If you are going to file tax online, then it is important to keep in mind which document you have to fill first and how to file your ITR. Let me tell you that to do this process, you will have to signup on the e-filing website, but for this you must have an account. Let’s know how to file ITR online – it is only for ITR-1 and ITR-4.