Facility is available in government and private banks
Both government and private banks provide the facility of locker to the customers. Before opening the locker, it is better to go to the branch of the bank where you have a savings account. However, any branch of the bank can be contacted. Due to limited number of lockers, banks do not open locker accounts easily. Many banks refuse directly. Some tell about the waiting period, and this happens mostly in public sector banks.
Who can get the locker facility?Normally the bank offers the locker facility to its existing customers but if you want the locker facility without opening a savings account, then for this you will have to make a fixed deposit (FD) of a certain amount in that bank. Its amount depends on the size of the locker. Also, FD amount varies from bank to bank.
Also read- Good news: Now there will be no problem in digital payment! Banks took this big decision together
What to do to get a locker?
The nearest bank branch is the best for locker. Where you have an account Usually there is a lot of demand for a locker and the bank has to apply for it. If a locker is available, banks and customers make a locker rental agreement. In this, an agreement is made between the bank and the customers about the terms and conditions, liabilities and responsibilities.
What to do for Maintenance
All banks charge a fixed rent every month from the customer for the locker facility. Every bank’s rental amount varies. At the time of the deal between the bank and the customer regarding the locker, it was also decided that the fare of the locker (which depends on different banks) will be. The amount of the fee depends on the size and location of the locker. Larger lockers incur higher fees. The customer should keep sufficient balance in the bank account so that direct annual rent can be filled with debit card.
Also read- Good News: These states gave big relief! Petrol became cheaper by more than 5 rupees / liter, know your city or not?
There may be so much fee
Government banks charge between 1,000 and 7,000 rupees annually for a locker. Apart from this, private banks charge fees between 3000 and 20,000 annually. The fee may be more or less as per the bank. This is a tentative fee.
Age should be above 18 years
You must be above 18 to get a bank locker and some banks may also ask you to open a savings account here. You can choose the locker according to your need. With this, it is necessary to have a nomination or joint ownership to take a locker. Once a nominee is created, you can change your nominee. After the death of the account holder, the nominee gets the right to operate the locker on providing the death certificate and his identity card. If an account holder dies in case of joint lockers, then the bank can give the right to operate the locker jointly to its nominee and other locker holders.
How to get the locker locked?
If you want to close a locker, then he can apply to surrender it. The customer has to empty the locker and return the bank key. The agreement is over and the locker rent collected at the beginning of the year is returned to the customer.
Also read- Asia’s largest airport! Jewar Airport to be completed by 2023, know what is Yogi government’s plan
Consider these things while taking a bank locker
- If you have valuable items in the locker, then make sure that the bank has taken all the security measures like alarm system, room with iron door and electronic surveillance through CCTV. It is also important that you take stock of your locker from time to time.
- To operate a bank locker, there are two keys nearby, one key is with the bank and the other key is with the customer. The bank can neither open the locker nor permit anyone else to open it in your absence. Explain that the locker opens only after both the keys are installed. This means that whenever the customer wants to operate a locker, he will have to inform the branch (bank).
- Along with the bank, you also need to be vigilant for the safety of your locker. In the opinion of experts, a copy should be kept at home and in a locker by writing the details of the entire item. Also keep the documents kept in the locker laminated.
- While opening the locker, see that there is no one around you. Keep the details of how many times you have opened the locker and before leaving from there, make sure that you have closed the locker properly or not.
- Experts say that the locker must be opened at least once a year. The RBI has given the banks the authority that if the high-risk locker is not opened for a year, the bank can break the lock and open the locker.