The child was scorched up to 80 percent due to electric current
High tension wires passing near houses
Around 723 people died due to electrocution since 2015-16
New Delhi. During Kite Flying Incident, the news of accidents with Chinese manjha often keep coming. At the same time, such reports are also coming to the fore where people are dying due to entanglement of manjha in electric wires. The latest case has come to the fore in RT Nagar area of Bengaluru. where a 13-year-old boy in the park near Abubakar’s house kite Was flying and came in the grip of electric wire. Due to this he has died a painful death.
The child had suffered 80 per cent burns due to electrocution. He died in the hospital on Tuesday evening during treatment. On Wednesday, on the complaint of the child’s mother, the RT Nagar police have registered a case of negligence under section 304A of IPC against KPTCL, Bescom and BBMP officials.
Read- Agra News: Demand for cheetah kite with PM Modi, stock of kite sold out
According to the report published in Deccan Herald, on Monday, a 13-year-old student studying in class VII in RT Nagar, Bengaluru, Abubakar was flying kites in the park near his house with his three friends. His kite suddenly got entangled in the wire attached to the pole. He climbed on the roof of the house to get rid of it. And while taking out the thread of the kite, it got touched by the electric wire. Due to this, he got a strong current and he got badly burnt.
After suffering about 80 per cent burns, he was immediately taken to a nearby hospital. He was taken to First Baptist Hospital for first aid. After this he was referred to Vani Vilas Hospital where the child died on Tuesday evening. RT Nagar police station has registered a case of negligence under 304A and started investigation.
A complaint was lodged with the police on behalf of the victim’s mother, Sultana, with the help of a lawyer. In her complaint, Sultana has accused Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM), Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) and Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) of ‘negligence’.
Meanwhile, this incident happened when the child was playing in the park near Abubakar’s house. High tension wires are passing near the buildings. Not only this, the electric wires are also hanging very low here. However, as per rules, the BBMP should not allow people to build houses under high-tension wires.
Along with this, BESCOM should also not supply electricity and KPTCL should have investigated. But all three have not been able to do anything in this matter. Even before this, such incidents have been coming to the fore. About 4-5 incidents have happened, but no action has been taken in this direction by any of these departments.
Victim Sultana said that the authorities should take immediate action to avoid any such incident in future. The troubling thing is that the child’s father had died a few years back. Sultana has 3 children and Abubakar was the youngest. According to information, from 2015-16 to 2022-23, about 723 people have lost their lives under BESCOM limits due to electrocution.
Tags: bengaluru, Bengaluru News, crime news
FIRST PUBLISHED : January 19, 2023, 10:44 IST