- Driving license will be downloaded in the phone
- Work will be done through Digilocker
- Its process is very easy
By the way, the biggest advantage of downloading it in the phone is that there will be no worry about losing or breaking the driving license and your work will also be done. In 2018, the government issued an advisory to accept driving licenses and vehicle registrations stored in DigiLocker and mParivahan apps. This eliminates the need to always carry important documents with you. So let’s know its process.
How to download driving license copy in your phone:
- First of all you have to download DigiLocker on your phone. Also you have to create your account. You can sign-up in DigiLocker with your phone number and Aadhaar number.
- You need to go to DigiLocker app and sign-in with your username and 6 digit PIN. You will get OTP on your registered mobile number and you have to enter it here.
- After signing, you have to click on Get Issued Documents.
- Then driving license has to be selected in the search bar.
- Now you have to select your state.
- After that enter your license number. Then click on Get Document.
- Note that you need to click on the checkbox to give your permission to DigLocker for the document issuer before proceeding.
- Then DigLocker will fetch your details from the transport department and save it in Issued Documents.
- You can also save it in your phone by clicking on the PDF button given here.
- You can also save your driving license in the phone through the same process through DigLocker’s website.