Nowadays, even at a young age, people have the problem of high cholesterol.
Cholesterol can be reduced by better lifestyle, right eating habits.
Lower Cholesterol Without Medication: To keep the heart healthy, it is very important to keep the increased cholesterol under control. Especially on increasing bad cholesterol, heart attack can also happen. Nowadays even young people are struggling with the problem of increasing cholesterol. The main reason behind this is haphazard lifestyle and wrong eating habits. In winter, increased cholesterol can be very dangerous, in such a situation it is important that we become concerned about the health of our heart from today itself.
If you want to keep the heart healthy even without medicines, then some natural methods can help you a lot in reducing cholesterol. According to MedicalNewsToday, cholesterol can be reduced by changing some of your habits. Let’s know about them…
Reduce cholesterol naturally in these 5 ways
1. Make distance from trans, saturated fats – Your diet plays an important role in increasing cholesterol. In such a situation, it is important that we take special care of what we have to eat and what not. If you want to reduce bad cholesterol, then remove food items full of trans fats and saturated fats from your plate. Keeping distance from things like fried food, packed food, red meat, chicken, butter will be beneficial for health.
Read this also: Replace wheat with this grain in winter, the risk of heart attack will reduce! Will get 5 big benefits
2. Eat monounsaturated fats – If you want to get rid of bad cholesterol, then first you have to stay away from trans, saturated fats, then you have to include such things in your diet which have abundant monounsaturated fats. These include foods like nuts, almonds, peanuts, avocado, seeds. Along with this, foods full of polyunsaturated fats such as walnuts, sunflower seeds, soybeans, corn, tofu can be included in the diet.
3. Include soluble fiber in the diet – To keep yourself fit and heart healthy, you have to start eating things full of soluble fiber in your diet. You can include it in maximum food. Eating these not only improves digestive health, but also helps in reducing bad cholesterol. In this way, you can include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans etc. in the diet.
4. Drink plenty of water, exercise regularly – We all know how important it is to drink enough water and do regular exercise to keep the body fit. It is equally important to keep the heart healthy. By doing regular exercise, the level of good cholesterol increases along with decreasing bad cholesterol. Along with this, drinking enough water improves liver functioning, due to which cholesterol does not increase in the body.
Read this also: Makhana will remove BP, worry about cholesterol! It is also effective in these 5 major diseases, start eating it from today itself.
5. Quit smoking, get enough sleep – If you are really worried about your heart and smoke, then leave it immediately. There is a big reason behind the high level of smoking cholesterol. Not only this, smoking cigarettes makes LDL more thick and hard, which damages blood vessels. Along with this, healthy sleep is also very important to control cholesterol. To stay healthy, it is necessary to have a good sleep of at least 7 hours a day.
Tags: Health, Heart disease, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : January 19, 2023, 17:36 IST