- Pay special attention to these things before buying AC
- Choose between window and split AC
- Additional features also need attention
Before buying AC, pay special attention to these things:
The first step is Window AC or Split AC. Let’s know the difference.
Benefits of Window AC:
- It is easier to install than Split AC. Concealing air tubes does not require drilling the walls.
- It is a better option for small rooms. However, there must be a window in that room.
- It is also used as a blower during winters. Most models provide an in-built heater.
Benefits of Split AC:
- The room cools down faster as it is fitted with wide blowers which provide more amount of cool air.
- Its compressor makes less noise. Its condenser is installed outside.
- This does not require a window in the room. It is fitted on the wall.
Depending on the room, choosing the size of the AC can be a bit tricky. If you take a large size AC, then it cools the room quickly but also consumes more electricity. Whereas a small AC cools the room slowly and also consumes more electricity. The capacity of AC depends on the size of the room. In India, air conditioners are rated by tonne size. So let’s know how much electricity is consumed in how many tons of AC.
Those ACs which have higher ratings also cost more but they consume less power. In such a situation, if seen in the long run, then by paying a little more money to buy AC, then the electricity bill can be saved. Most ACs come with a rating of 1 to 5. The more stars, the less power consumption. For example: 3 star AC consumes more power than 5 star AC.
1. From the anti-bacteria filter to the auto-clean function and the copper coil, the best features for an AC are considered.
2. You should choose such an AC which provides you cooling in summer and heating feature in winter.
3. Many ACs have a dehumidifier facility. This gets rid of excess moisture in the air during monsoons.
4. There should also be a sleep mode that lets you save on electricity bill by reducing cooling every hour.
5. AC uses coils to cool the air. In such a situation, such an AC should be taken whose coil is of copper. Their life is long.
Pay special attention to these things:
- energy efficiency
- AC Type
- Split or Window
- air quality
- Installation and Maintenance
cost: The price of 1 ton AC starts from Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000. At the same time, the price of 1.5 ton AC ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 45,000. At the same time, the cost of 2 ton AC ranges from Rs 40,000 to Rs 52,000. At the same time, if you want inverter AC, then you can read to increase your budget a bit. Let us tell you that if your room is 150-160 square feet, then a 1-ton window AC or 1.5-ton split AC will be right for you.